Thursday, January 18, 2018

To Outline or Not

Not such a great photo but I hope it shows what I'm doing.  I love the look of white yarn on white fabric and that's how I started this runner.  What I hadn't taken into consideration is that the pattern I'm following is not a busy one and it started to look a little sparse to me.  I'm also using Caron's Simply Soft Party which I'm not thrilled with but all I could find right now with a glitter thread.

While shopping, I noticed that Simply Soft Party also came in a soft grey color so I have outlined the pattern with that grey.  I really like it and will show the completed table runner when I'm done.

I have made afghans using the white on white method and they are gorgeous but the patterns I used were quite busy.  Maybe that's the secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment