Sunday, June 3, 2018

Paton's Metallic Yarn


I discovered this yarn by accident while shopping at "Len's Mill Store (not sure if this chain is only in Ontario).  I bought it and a lovely plain lilac color because I loved the sheen.  I found out quickly that it unravels on the ends just like the Simply Soft Party so I knotted it in the same way and was happy to see that it slipped through the floats easily.  

Unfortunately, one of the stands began to unravel right in the middle of a row so I had to remove it and start again.  This means I won't buy this yarn again.  It's pretty but too unstable.  The yarn is a beautiful variegated rust color called copper alloy and is also variegated thicknesses along each strand.  I love the effect and hope it doesn't cause me too much trouble finishing my project.

Another problem arose at the end of each row where I normally weave the ends back into the runner or leave them as part of the fringe.  Because this yarn unravels in a sort of ugly way, I chose to weave it back in but then wasn't sure how to end it.  I had to knot 2 pieces together to feel safe that it won't unravel during normal washing.  Again, it's beautiful but not suitable for me to buy again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment