Monday, May 13, 2019

Caron's Party Yarn

I didn't like working with Caron's Party yarn at first but now that I've learned how best to handle it I do like it.  In the beginning I found that the metallic thread unraveled easily while weaving but I took a chance and knotted the ends and hoped they would travel through the floats of the fabric without causing damage or catching.  They do.  Once in a while they will catch a bit but I just twist the needle and they slide right through.  I was ready to give up on this yarn completely before I discovered this little trick.

When weaving, I have the needle right up against the knot as I draw it through the fabric and find that works the best.

Even though I prefer working with colors I had to accept that many people today like to decorate their homes in grays so I started my last table runner using 2 shades of the gray Caron's Party yarn and, lo and behold, my daughter thinks it's beautiful and wants one for her home.  That's high praise coming from her.  She has always liked my Swedish weaving but never showed a big interest until she saw this latest project.

I decided to complete 3 table runners (white monk's cloth and the gray yarn) and let her choose which one she likes best.  I still prefer using beautiful colors but you have to give the customer what they want, right?  I'm hoping to sell lots of these at the Xmas bazaar in November.  I'll post photos when the 3 runners are finished.

I added 2 photos to hopefully explain better how I have the yarn in the needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment