Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Greys are Popular


This is one of the latest 3 table runners I've finished.  The monk's cloth is white and the yarn is Caron's Simply Soft Party in platinum sparkle and silver sparkle.  I usually prefer working with lots of color but using these colors (which are popular decorating colors now) produced what I think are really lovely items.

The pattern is Avery Hill's "The Terrace" which I followed almost faithfully but had to create my own pattern for the border.  I made a tiny mistake in the main pattern that turned out to be pretty well invisible so I just repeated it as I went along.

My daughter who is not usually much impressed with my Swedish weaving spurred me on to do some patterns in grey yarns and I know a lot of people decorate with greys, too.  

I don't know if I'll use the grey yarns often but will do so if they sell.  I only sell at one craft show and that's in November so I have a long wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment