Monday, May 6, 2019

Table Runner for Arlean

I just finished this table runner for my friend, Arlean, who had asked for white fabric with rose colored yarns and that's exactly what she's getting.  The yarns I used were Red Heart Soft  in rose blush and Vanna's Choice in antique rose and I must say they go beautifully together.  The pattern I started out with was Christine Allan's "Spring Garden" but I altered it the way I love to do to make it unique to this table runner.When I stat weaving, I never know what changes I'll make until I get to that section of the pattern.  I always give credit to the designer of the original pattern, though, because I couldn't do this without them.

I've had strangers at the craft shows ask me to make a special order table runner for them and I always refuse but I'd never refuse a friend.  Another friend, Gail, has asked me to make her a few pieces for her bedroom and I'll do that next winter when we're in Florida.  I also usually only allow the friend to choose the colors but not the pattern but in Gail's case (because she'll be right there with me) I will give her that choice, too.

I just bought a new sewing machine because my 25 year old one stopped working with the zigzag stitch and it's not worth having it fixed.  My new machine is a Brother XM2701 and was ridiculously cheap on Amazon.ca...$121 and free shipping.  I used it to finish the fringing on Arlean's table runner and it works beautifully.  I always have my machine set on zigzag because I rarely do any sewing besides with the Swedish weaving.

Just a note about Christine Allan...she creates absolutely beautiful patterns and I've bought quite a few from her (single patterns or booklets).  She was very kind and thanked me for mentioning that she was the one who created the original pattern that I altered.  I wish I had her talent! 

Her website is www.funandfastpatterns.ca which is a Canadian company but she sells anywhere.     

No comments:

Post a Comment