Sunday, June 9, 2019

2 More Table Runners




Project #1 was done after I made 3 white and grey table runners and needed to work with some color.  The monk's cloth is Potato and I used Avery Hill's "Picots and Diamonds" for the pattern.  Bernat Satin "Rose Garden" and Caron's Simply Soft "Bone" were the yarns.

The bottom table runner was a little larger remnant that I had so I just worked with it instead of cutting it back.  The pattern is Jeanne Tams "Marquis Pillow" and I used Caron's Simply Soft "Peacock Feather" for the yarn on ecru monk's cloth.  I never worry about what the original pattern was intended for (a pillow) but just adapt it for whatever I'm making myself. 

I just checked my stash of fabrics and realized I had only one piece of white left that has been preshrunk so I'll spend a few hours now preparing the large pieces of white...stitching and shrinking.  

I pulled these out yesterday and decided to make sure they were evenly cut and was sort of shocked to see they weren't so I had to trim all the ends.  I know I bought these at Joann's Fabrics a few months ago but I do have a vague memory of taking the whole piece instead of having them cut the yardage.  Someone there does not know how to cut monk's cloth because I ended up losing a good half yard by straightening the ends.

I don't know if all our Swedish weavers know that they can buy pre-cut and packaged pieces of white or ecru monk's cloth at Joann's Fabrics.  It can be found at the back of the store near the yarns and I buy it with my discount coupons only.  It is by far the cheapest way to buy monk's cloth any more...the packages all have 2 1/2 yards of fabric, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment