Saturday, June 1, 2019

Just a Thought

When I finished the 3 white and grey table runners I couldn't wait to start something with more color so I chose a small beige piece of monk's cloth and picked out a pattern I hadn't done before.  I felt this was only a fun piece to do but it turned out so beautiful (like all our Swedish weaving items do) that it dawned on me that we can't really make anything that doesn't look darned good.

I think this is our attraction to Swedish weaving.  No matter what colors or patterns we choose, the end result is always satisfying.  Even our mistakes just make the project unique in it's own way.

I make it a practice to finish 3 table runners before setting up my sewing machine to hem them and then photograph them for the blog and Facebook.  It's at times like this that I wish I had more room in my apartment so that I could always have the sewing machine available.  

Anyway, it's on to the next project! 




No comments:

Post a Comment