Sunday, June 30, 2019

"Butter Cups"


I love the looks of this pattern but the name "Butter Cups" doesn't seem to suit it.  It's a pattern by Jeanne Tams and I used a very soft blue monk's cloth (sorry how dark it looks in the photo) and Caron's Simply Soft yarn in a lovely variegated "peacock feather".

The center is kind of time consuming but it isn't a difficult pattern to follow.  I did alter it a bit for my purpose.

Remember when you're using variegated yarn to find one with short (4") runs of colors so that you don't get large blocks of the same color in one spot.

7 comments:

  1. Is this pattern in a particular book? It’s lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I've been away to a family reunion. The pattern is on page 143 of Avery Hill's "The How to Book of Swedish Weaving and Huck Embroidery". It's a discontinued booklet that I was lucky enough to purchase quite a few years ago and now is horribly expensive to buy. Anyone who is into Swedish weaving and having trouble finding these discontinued pattern books should check out yard sales for bargains but they can also be found on Ebay and Amazon. I alter the actual pattern of most of my items so that also gives me versatility in creating some unique patterns. It's fun to do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for responding! It just so happens that I found a copy of the book this week and the last pattern in it was the butter cups pattern how ironic! I’ve got one more to complete and then I’m going to try this one I love your color choices so I’m going to give it a whirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how lucky you are to have found the book. Good for you! There are a lot of beautiful patterns in it to keep you busy for a long time. Please send me a photo of your project when it's finished so I can put it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get just the butter cups instructions from you. I have the picture from a book but not directions page.

    ReplyDelete