Friday, June 14, 2019

Almost Mine


I went looking in my stash of already prepped pieces of monk's cloth and saw this dark green one and decided to do something Christmasy with it.  "Holiday Traditions" is in the little booklet "Monk's Cloth Afghans For Christmas" and one I probably haven't done for quite a while.

I started out with a green with sparkle remnant yarn so I don't know the name and also Caron Simply Soft Party in red sparkle.  I was going to add in a white sparkle to the pattern but it didn't look right so I stuck with just the green and red.

The pattern is super easy to follow and one I'd use to teach newbies.  I honestly just had wanted to play around with the piece but it turned out so pretty that I almost decided to keep it for myself.  Then I remembered the ultra valuable 1 yard of red monk's cloth I bought just before it became impossible to find and that is what I'll make up for myself so the green one will be sold.

If anyone has any red monk's cloth you should include it's tremendous value in your home insurance in case of loss or damage.  LOL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment