Sunday, April 15, 2018

"Ripple" Swedish Weaving Table Runner



I've posted quite a few table runners lately but they were all worked on in Florida and then fringed here at home.  I didn't take my sewing machine with me this year and the park sewing machine has tension problems.

This one is 13 1/2" wide x 46" long and the monk's cloth is a rusty pink.  I believe there is a name for this particular color but I got it as a remnant from a friend.  I used Simply Soft yarn in bone for the pattern...I personally call this color a golden beige because it has a gold tone to it.

There is always a story to my creations and this is no different.  I wasn't crazy ab out the color of the fabric but wanted something to work on.  I'd taken very little yarn to Florida with me and didn't want to buy more (I ended buying LOTS more) so I did the pattern in what I had available.

I'd recently bought Christine Allan's "Winter Patterns" booklet and wanted to try something new so I chose the "Ripples" pattern but altered to suit myself.  

The more I worked on the weaving, the more I really liked the project.  Maybe it's because you just can't make anything ugly with Swedish weaving...it's all lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment