Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Shelley's Christmas Table Runner Started

Shelley had told me she wanted a red on red table runner for Christmas but I had used the last of my red monk's cloth.  When my friend, Marion, offered to sell me a huge lot of monk's cloth at the price she'd paid a few years ago, I was thrilled to find a piece of red fabric in the lot.  I have so much monk's cloth in many colors so I really don't want to pay today's price for a bolt of red but I might have to do that.

Shelley has a huge diningroom table so I'll make this runner a little wider than I usually do...close to 18" maybe.  I usually use remnants to make table runners so mine are never uniform sizes but I've never made one that is 18" wide.  I'll have Shelley measure her table width before making my final decision.

I mentioned before that the Christmas table runners I took to the craft show in November sold better than the every day ones so I'm going to concentrate on Christmas designs for the next few months.  The very first table runner sold at that craft show was the only one I'd done with red yarn on red fabric.  Using the same color for yarn and fabric makes an elegant item.

Well, it's a long time before Christmas rolls around again but here in southern Ontario there is still snow on the ground.  What better way to spend your day than doing Swedish weaving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment