Saturday, April 21, 2018

Yarn and Fabric Hoarder

I started preparing my spare bedroom (where I keep the majority of my craft supplies) for the new shelving I'm getting.  It will look so much neater and better organized than before but I now have to face the reality that I probably have way, way too much Swedish weaving supplies than I'll ever need.  I don't think it's possible for me to part with any of it and that sounds very much like a hoarder.

I'm a psychology nut and watch the show "Hoarders" because I love to analyze these people.  I see how upset they get when even the tiniest part of their hoard is taken from them.  I can sympathize.  

I've come to the conclusion that I can never buy either fabric or yarn again, not only because I don't need any, but because I'm determined to have a nice, neat, sensible stash of supplies for my favorite craft.  I won't give up what I already have, though.

Crafters are a breed apart.  It doesn't matter what your craft happens to be, you will get all silly and happy when you are surrounded by new and beautiful supplies.  There is a better than even chance you won't be able to resist buying some.

If I was younger, I'd probably continue buying fabric and yarn because it gives me pleasure to do so.  But, at 77, someone is going to inherit a whole lot of what I have because I can't possibly use it all up.  And, so, my buying days are over.  Now I'll get my enjoyment from organizing my stash and creating what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment