Saturday, May 5, 2018

Scrap Runners Turned Beautiful




I think these table runners prove that it's pretty darned hard to produce an ugly Swedish weaving project.  I had a remnant of "potato" colored monk's cloth that had come out a little blotchy after being washed but I thought I might be able to do do something with it.  I decided to cut it in half making 2 narrow runners about 10" wide and just do a simple design and use them as dust covers for some books.

Since I have a large supply of half skeins or small amounts of yarn, I chose 2 at random that looked as though they'd be sufficient.  Both were Caron's Simply Soft, one in bone (kind of a golden beige) and one in passion (a dark plum).  Who would have thought they'd look so good on this very drab fabric?

Anyway, I didn't use a pattern but what I threw together look very much like established patterns so I can't claim ownership.  The more I worked up the pattern, the more surprised I was at how pretty it was turning out.  I wanted to use both pieces together but I never make identical copies and that's why the patterns are different.

The blotchiness still shows a bit on runner #2 but I still think they are lovely!

1 comment: