Sunday, May 27, 2018

Solving Caron's Simply Soft Party Yarn

Those of you who have used Caron's Simply Soft Party yarn will most likely have come across the problem of having the metallic strand break while you're weaving.  This is such a pain because you have to remove the complete row and start over again.  The problem is caused by the metallic thread being wound around the yarn and not woven into it (like the Bernat).

I had gotten into the habit of tying a knot in the yarn as I finished each row to keep it from unraveling further and you can see by my photo how the end unravels without the knot.

I was working on my latest project and continually concerned about breaking the thread but I was lucky for a while until the inevitable happened.  Just inches from the end of the row, the unraveled end caught somewhere and broke the metallic thread.  

I looked at the completed rows and saw how tight the knot was and wondered if I knotted it at the very beginning if it would slide through the floats.  I could only try because it had become too frustrating any other way.  Well, you could feel a tiny catch as it went through the floats but it caused no problem otherwise.

And so that's how I'll use Caron's Simply Soft Party yarn from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment