Saturday, May 5, 2018

Shelley's Choice!



Shelley asked me to make her a red on red Christmas table runner and I was lucky enough to buy a large red remnant from a friend.  I have no more red now and don't know if or when I'll ever get some more.

I used Simply Soft Party yarn which has a metallic thread running through it.  I don't recommend this yarn because it can be troublesome to use but pretty when it does work out.  The pattern is a slightly altered "Holiday Cheer" from the booklet, Monk's Cloth Afghans for Christmas.

For anyone making table runners for Christmas bazaars, the ones I made with red cloth and red yarn were the most popular last fall.  

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and am totally delighted. Your work is beautiful! So may I join your Club? Thank you for sharing you lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that there are people out there as addicted to Swedish weaving as I am. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete