Sunday, September 10, 2017

Christmas Table Runner

This is an extra wide table runner...not sure why I left it this wide!  The monk's cloth is white and the yarns are red and green (Caron's Simply Soft Party)  There is a metallic thread through the yarn and it tends to break or unravel so I'm not happy with using it.  I won't buy it again.

The pattern is "Christmas Stars" from "Monk's Cloth Afghans for Christmas".  

I love the center pattern but I don't like the way I finished the fringe.  I tried something different and it's a bit of a failure...so I won't do it again.  We live and learn, right?

In my experience with Swedish weaving the thing I usually wish I'd done differently is the fringe.  I did alter the center pattern a bit but I think I improved on the pattern.  Again, live and learn...it's fun to use our imagination when we're weaving because sometimes we do improve on the pattern and that's our own creativity coming out.

I found the pattern fairly easy to do and would use it again.

Update:  I wasn't happy with the way the fringe turned out so I cut it back.  Below are the photos of the runner folded in half and with the red yarn removed from the fringe.  I like this much better.



No comments:

Post a Comment