Monday, September 25, 2017

Red on Red Runner Finished



I had made an afghan with white fabric and white yarn and just loved it so I was anxious to see how red fabric and red yard would look.  I love it!

I used up the last of my Simply Soft Party and found to my surprise that the red wasn't nearly as difficult to work with as the green had been.  I still won't buy it again, though.  The pattern started out to be "Christmas Joy" from Monk's Cloth Afghans for Christmas but ended with the first row.

As I was weaving in the first row (2 of them), I was thinking how you can't pull out mistakes when you're using this particular yarn because there's too much chance you'll break the glitter thread.  It wasn't until I started the second row that I realized I'd made a mistake on the first row.  I didn't hesitate long before deciding to carry on and make the pattern my own.  I often do that instead of going back and correcting mistakes unless it really matters.

Because I wanted only the red yarn on this runner, I had to improvise again with the pattern because I didn't have enough yarn to complete enough rows.

I improvised with the pattern again at the ends because there wasn't enough room to make a large "V" so I created a small "V".  One day I'd like to do a project and follow the pattern properly but with this runner I did what I could.  And I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment