Thursday, September 21, 2017

Split Float or Not





Some patterns call for a split float where you only pick up 2 threads of the 4 thread float on the way up and then pick up the 3rd and 4th threads of the float on the way down.  I stopped doing this a long time ago because I didn't like the effect...purely a personal choice on my part.

Instead, I put the needle through all 4 threads of the float, go up to the next part of the pattern and reverse the needle to go back through the float (picture 3) and then down to complete that part of the pattern. 

This is my preference only and both ways are fine to do. 

By the way, this is my new project, a Christmas runner where I'll be working the pattern in white yarn and green yarn.  I haven't decided how I'll do the side edges yet but will post photos when the runner is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment