Monday, September 18, 2017

Peach/Coral Lap Afghan




These photos don't come close to showing the lovely peach/coral color of the monks cloth but it's the best I can do on a cloudy day.  This is the most recent lap afghan I've finished and I chose not to add lattice/diamonds inbetween the pattern.  That's partly because the pattern is very intricate and time consuming.  I also rather like it without lattice.

The pattern is "Waterfall" from Annie's Needlwork "Learn Swedish Weaving & Huck Embroidery.  I also used only about half the pattern and, even though I think it's beautiful, I probably won't use it again unless it's for a table runner and I can make the edge trim smaller.  The reason is how long it takes to complete.

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in Sunshine, Persimmon, and Chartreuse.  I happen to love this combination, have used it before and will use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment