Saturday, September 23, 2017

Christmas Table Runner



I really love this Christmas table runner and I wish the photo showed the true brilliant red of the monks cloth...it looks kind of maroon in the photo but it is a perfect red.

The pattern is part of the "Holiday Traditions" from "Monks Cloth Afghans for Christmas".  As usual, I changed it just a wee bit by eliminating the final green row because I got fed up with dealing with the awful Simply Soft Party yarn I used.  I'll never buy it again because it's almost impossible to keep it from unraveling.

I copied someone's idea to frame the runner (in white) because I love the effect.  It's neat...and I found that, by weaving in the white frame before zigzag stitching above the fringe, it made it much easier to follow the line.

As unhappy as I am with the Simply Soft Party yarn, I'll use it on a few more Christmas runners because it is pretty and I don't like to waste yarn.  LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment