Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Crazy Swedish Weaving Afghan

This is how I've chosen to to complete what will now be a lap afghan.  For whatever reason (I started this so long ago that I've forgotten) it was very, very difficult to line up the points.  I can see why but I don't want to remove the orange circles so I'm doing the best I can to accommodate them.

You've heard of crazy quilts, well this is certainly going to be a crazy SW afghan and I will never, ever again start work on an afghan with the intention of making up the pattern as I go along.  Some can do that but I apparently cannot.

Seeing the photo, I think I need to remove the center of the white and put it back in with the orange yarn.  This afghan is going to be a little too unique for my tastes but it is what it is!

The moral of my story is to only use an existing pattern that you can alter if you wish but at least start out with a true pattern with definite points you can build on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment