Saturday, April 8, 2017

Update on CSWA

The photo above shows how I choose a yarn when I'm not sure which shade to use.  I'll weave in both (in this case, the yellow) and see which one appeals most to me.

I should have removed all of the yarn before restarting this afghan because I've changed my mind so many times, pulled out row after row of yarn, and now I've come to that awful point where I know for certain I don't have enough of the salmon yarn to finish it.  I checked out my yarn stash and I have many skeins of salmon yarn but no more of the shade I've been using.  If I hadn't changed my mind so many times, I would have had enough but that's life.  I'll have to join 2 pieces of yarn to complete a row or two and that's something I've never done before.  This afghan has been a disaster from day 1 but I'll complete it the best I can and donate it.

This mess reinforces the fact that we need to have a well thought out plan before starting a project.  On the top of the list is knowing you have sufficient yarn!

I'll post a photo of the finished afghan.


2 comments:

  1. Do a colorway of all the yarns you like - by placing the skeins on top of the fabric - and moving them around.

    That method is also used when using floss for huck and other needle arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have removed all the yarn and started fresh in the way you described. This is a mistaken I've learned from.

    ReplyDelete